News: NPD Group lists their top ten for February.
The NPD Group has released their report on the bestselling games and consoles in January and Wii Fit continues to dominate. Nintendo's fitness and exercise game has taken the top spot for a second month in a row. Other Nintendo titles, such as Wii Play and Mario Kart Wii continue their streak of appearing in the top ten. DS mainstays Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. continue to remain popular even though they are both several years old.
As far as new titles, both versions of retro revival Street Fighter IV made the top ten with the Xbox 360 version at number two and the PS3 version at number 3. Killzone 2, Sony's latest "killer app" for the PS3, also sold a bunch, landing at number five after going on sale on February 27.
Here's the full list of the ten bestselling games in the month and the console sales numbers:
1. Wii Fit (Wii) - 644,000
2. Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360) - 446,000
3. Street Fighter IV (PS3) - 403,000
4. Wii Play (Wii) - 386,000
5. Killzone 2 (PS3) - 323,000
6. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) - 263,000
7. Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) - 193,000
8. Mario Kart DS (DS) - 145,000
9. New Super Mario Bros. (DS) - 144,000
10. Guitar Hero: World Tour (Wii) - 136,000
Console Sales Numbers
1. Wii - 753,000
2. Nintendo DS - 588,000
3. Xbox 360 - 391,000
4. PlayStation 3 - 276,000
5. PSP - 199,000
6. PlayStation 2 - 131,000