News: Biggest. Console. Launch. Ever.
GamesIndustry.biz is reporting that the PSP has had the biggest console launch in the UK ever. 185,000 of the gizmos were sold in the first three days, compared to 87,000 of the previous record holder, the Nintendo DS.
On top of that, the ELSPA (Entertainment & Leisure Software Publishers Association) has revealed the top 20 games for the week of August 28 through September 3. Fifteen PSP games landed in the top 20 and nine of the top ten came from the PlayStation Portable. Here's the full list:
- Ridge Racer
- Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 (PS2/Xbox/PC)
- Wipeout Pure
- Virtua Tennis: World Tour
- Metal Gear Ac!d
- Need For Speed Underground: Rivals
- Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
- TOCA Race Driver 2
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2: Remix
- World Tour Soccer
- Everybody's Golf (Hot Shots Golf Open Tee)
- Spider-Man 2
- Untold Legends
- Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (PS2/Xbox)
- Medievil Resurrection
- Madagascar (PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA/DS/PC)
- Archer Maclean's Mercury
- Medal of Honor: European Assault (PS2/Xbox/GC)
- Cricket 2005 (PS2/Xbox/PC)
So apparently the PSP is a huge success in another (and final) part of the world. The DS and the PSP are on equal release footing worldwide. Let the battle begin!