News: Basketball sim takes the top spot over Fallout: New Vegas and Medal of Honor.
The NPD Group has released their ranking of the bestselling games in October 2010 and NBA 2K11 has tongue-wagged its way to the top spot. Facing no competition from EA Sports (the company's NBA Elite 11 was delayed indefinitely and eventually canceled last month), the Michael Jordan-starring basketball sim cruised to an easy victory.
Gamers gambled on Bethesda's Fallout: New Vegas to lift it to second place while EA's modern day Medal of Honor reboot placed third.
For the first time in years, Nintendo was completely shut out of the monthly top ten, likely due to NPD's new system of counting the sales of every version of a title as a single game.
Here's the full list of the ten bestselling games in the month:
Bestselling Games of October 2010
1. NBA 2K11 (PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)
2. Fallout: New Vegas (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
3. Medal of Honor (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
4. Fable III (Xbox 360)
5. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (DS, PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
6. Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)
7. Just Dance 2 (Wii)
8. FIFA Soccer 11 (DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)
9. Madden NFL 11 (PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)
10. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 (PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)