News: But how many it sold, nobody knows.
The NPD Group has released their report on the bestselling games and consoles in September and Halo: Reach has taken the top spot.
This month's list marks a new direction for the monthly NPD numbers. The company will no longer release sales figures for any of the games in the top ten, nor will they rank console sales. They have also lumped the sales totals of each version of a game together, creating a list of the bestselling game titles instead of ranking individual game releases.
The combined sales might of Madden NFL 11
across the PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii and Xbox 360 gave it the second spot with fellow EA Sports titles NHL 11
and FIFA Soccer 11
at #4 and #5.
Other September releases that scored big sales include Capcom's Dead Rising 2
, Square Enix's Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
and Activision's Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Here's the full list of the ten bestselling games in the month:
Bestselling Games of September 2010
1. Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)
2. Madden: NFL 11 (PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)
3. Dead Rising 2 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
4. NHL 11 (PS3, Xbox 360)
5. FIFA Soccer 11 (DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360)
6. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)
7. Mafia II (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
8. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (DS, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
9. Metroid: Other M (Wii)
10. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)